Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Washington. The state.


You’ve probably never seen the movie FLESH GORDON. But if you have, you know what I mean when I say the First Class seats on Virgin America have these ridiculous penisaurus-like phalli sprouting out from between the headrests, all cockeyed (haw haw haw! i am hysterical over this pun!) and curious with big-one-eyed stupor. If were a man – a real man – there is no way in hell I would fly First Class with one of those things sticking out by my head.

Yes. Another flight. This time: Seattle. But what does it matter. I am tired of moving around and tired of staying put. So this trip is part work, part respite. A touch of cool, of relaxed; a change-of-scenery; a visit; an unzip-the-skull-mind-opening-brain-draining-reset between the pages (to be written: mine).

I arrived eight hours ago – a pleasant blur of tall pine trees from the conspicuous red Jeep simmering oil as it bounced down the road; bridges, harbors, fjords and mountains pointed out; a fabulous dinner; and magic water. Of all the things on my mind as I sink into my second story bed beneath the timbers, as the wind whistles and rattles the blinds; it’s the water. Susan has me started on the magic water and already it’s having an anticipated (not eagerly) effect. The sleepy ginger cat lifts his head as my tummy rumbles; it brings to mind the  giardia episode. But I won’t get into that here and now. Time for rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment