Sunday, November 8, 2015

Faith


The last week has been a blur – ARC seminars, boat chores, provisioning all day; parties and events every night. It will be good to get back to sea, if only to get more rest and dry out! But it’s been AMAZINGLY FUN with new friends, and new perspectives on old friends. I’m so pleased that twists of fate brought me not to Bermuda for the AC45s, nor to Panama (although I am standing by for more fun with Pamela & Paul there, when the time comes) but instead to Gran Canaria.

A long time ago, a cloud hung over my happy life – being that I could not have children, and seemed stymied in all attempts to start a family any way possible. And then one day: boom! I was a Mom! Unlike most people, who have nine months of ‘dawn’ to prepare for a child, I didn’t. I went from barren, to parenthood. It simply went from dark, to light. Glorious light.

So over the past few years – again, despite a very happy life – things have not been 100% what I’ve desired; and yet I’ve held tight to that hope, and that knowledge, that this was just the night, and that one day the sun would burst over the horizon. I think it has.

We set off today for Sao Vicente, Cabo Verde. I don’t’ expect to be online, but you can track EL GATO at http://www.worldcruising.com/arc/arc/eventfleetviewer.aspx  

Keep us in your prayers for a safe passage please!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment