Friday, September 18, 2009

THE FREEZING POINT OF MASCARA

Before I left California I stopped at the drugstore for some last minute necessities. ‘Like mascara, razors, and Bonine – for seasickness; although taking Bonine in the Southern Ocean is akin to fighting a forest fire with a squirt gun. ‘Full of Jello.

I dawdled over the selection of mascaras. So many kinds, colors, brands …  Did I want ‘fuller’ lashes, ‘thicker’ lashes,  or ‘longer’ lashes? ‘Clump free?’ And as I wandered a whole wall of cosmetics, the question that seemed to arise – much less than ‘Who needs mascara in Antarctica?’ – was instead, ‘What IS the freezing point of mascara?’

I entertained the thought of calling my blog “The Freezing Point of Mascara” … either that, or ‘The Freezing Point of Dish Detergent” (do you know that dishwashing soap congeals at low temperatures??) but both are ever-so-unglamorous and sexist at that, so I stick to the Upside Down Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment