Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wake me when we get to Piri ...

I now have the record for both the fastest passage between Punta del Este and Florianopolis (40 hours – DOMINO) and the slowest (7 days 7 hours – JOSEPHINE) (… okay maybe I'm exaggerating ... )

We arrived safe and sound last night in Piriapolis actually (and that 20-some miles from PdE to Piri took FOREVER) after an amazingly diverse trip. Too much wind, or none at all … and nearly always from the wrong direction. Lightening storms and brilliant sunsets and dark nights and laughter and squalls and calm. One highlight – just after the pompero, having to put down our dinner plates of mahi mahi I caught to circle a pod of sperm whales rafted up as they were being attacked by orcas. Ah … just another day on the ocean.


More to come but know that I have in this time spent many hours thinking of everyone I love and wonderful times past and memories to be made. Tomorrow (fingers crossed – but maybe not til Friday?) I fly to Panama and start to work my way home. HOME!

Til then much love xo Betsy

UPDATE: Feb 11 in Lima Peru enroute to Panama, offline until Feb 21? ish?

click on the photo for a link to my FB pix

No comments:

Post a Comment