Monday, March 15, 2010

Head games

Monday March 15
Somewhere south of Turtle Bay (AKA Bahia San Bartolome') Baja Mexico

My brain was like a Virginia ham, rattling around in a can of aspic. The engine seemed so loud, SO rumbling and rambunctious, as I tried to fall asleep in my messy cabin aft. I could sense the enamel chipping off my teeth, the weary brain cells turning black and blue, even the shafts of my hair hurt. I dragged a sleeping bag and pillow to the forepeak and made a lumpy bed amidst the sail bags, gear bags, lee boards and anchor chain, and settled down to the pleasant rise and fall of the bow in the sea.

But if my head was rattling around aft, it was spinning, forward. Perhaps the problem wasn't the noise and movement of the boat at all, but me. My mind has been whirring with thoughts of 'what', 'where' 'how' now that I'm about to get home. Pleasantly so. I am SO eager to write! A-million different things! And check in with my friends who are editors, producers and photographers. And start a few other business endeavors. I am a ridiculous mishmash of ideas and concepts and queries and projects and need to lock myself in a room and work non-stop for months on end, before I explode.

But I also want to sail. And outrigger canoe. And bike. And take long walks along the beach. And I have a whole lot more mom'ing to do: that job clearly isn't done. So it may not be all coming together yet - but it certainly doesn't feel like it's all coming apart anymore. It feels like a whole new beginning, one I'm very excited about!

25 30 893N
113 03 339W

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

1 comment:

JLFROG said...

How great that is....Life is to be enjoyed !!!

Post a Comment