Friday, March 19, 2010

Right Side Up!

At 7:46 this morning (March 19) we crossed the border into the USA. I may not agree with all of our politics and policies, but having been overseas for six months I can definitely say I feel fortunate to have been born and raised here. God Bless America!

The last two and a half days from Turtle Bay, have also been a re-entry into cooler climes. The days and nights have been overcast, and chilly. All the long johns and thermals I’ve lugged through the tropics, leftover from my trip to the southernmost tip of So America, came in handy as I piled on the layers, the wooly socks, the Snoopy hat, the fuzzy gloves … My days of swimming daily, living in a swimsuit, are behind me for now, but other things are ahead.

We checked in with US customs in San Diego, then tied up at SDYC for l-o-n-g hot pruney showers and lunch, then moved to Kona Kai for the night. My fingers are still crossed that we’ll go to Fiddler’s Green for an early dinner, in preparation for our last leg to Los Angeles, tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment